Does your child want to be a writer, illustrator, or photographer? Then they should be published in a children’s magazine! The Pinecone Grove Expedition Outfitter is searching for writers and artists to be featured in our kid-friendly 4″x6″ mini-magazine. If their submission is accepted, they will receive a free copy of the mini-magazine. Here are some creations your child can send in:
- Fiction Short Stories – write a story about the life of a woodpecker or the journey of a raindrop.
- Nonfiction Articles – may include photographs with article
- Expedition Articles – recount your latest mountain hike, canoeing excursion, or visit to a State Park.
- Nature Science Articles – report wildlife species finds in your backyard, your successful wildlife habitat project, or results from your rock crystal experiment.
- How-To Articles – instruct us on how to make a bird feeder, bat house, cartography kit, and other fun nature things!
- Reviews – did you get a new pair of hiking boots or a field guide? Write a review about it. Reviews should include the product and brand, where you got it (gift, Target, etcetera,) your experience in using that product, and a rating: 1 being the worst, 5 being the best.
- Poems – construct a nature inspired poem with us that is at least 10 words in length
- Illustrations and Photography – your wildlife inspired art and photographs can be digitally created or handmade, scanned, and emailed to us. We do not accept mailed submissions at this time.
Include your name, age, and state/country when you send in your writings and illustrations. The Pinecone Grove Expedition Outfitter only accepts kid-friendly, age-appropriate original creative works. Writing, illustrations, and photography must be appropriate for children 12 years of age and younger. Writers, illustrators, and photographers under the age of 18 must have guardian permission to submit their creations. submit your writing and artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details, visit bit.ly/KidMiniZine.