Get Published in the Pinecone Grove Kids’ Mini-Magazine
– a 4 inch by 6 inch magazine for kids on-the-go –
Does your child want to be a writer, illustrator, or photographer? Then they should be published in a children’s magazine! The Pinecone Grove Expedition Outfitter is searching for writers and artists of ALL AGES (guardians too) to be featured in our kid-friendly 4″x6″ mini-magazine. If your submission is accepted, you will receive a free copy of the mini-magazine*. Follow The Pinecone Grove writer, illustrator, and photographer guidelines below, and then submit your writing and artwork to email@example.com.
*see paid submission details below.
Current Deadline: August 20, 2016
Include your name, age, and state/country when you send in your writings and illustrations. The Pinecone Grove Expedition Outfitter only accepts kid-friendly, age-appropriate original creative works. Writing, illustrations, and photography must be appropriate for children 12 years of age and younger. Writers, illustrators, and photographers under the age of 18 must have guardian permission to submit their creations.
Submissions We Accept
All written submissions must be at least 100 words (with the exception of poems) and no more than 1,000 words.
- Fiction Short Stories – write a story about the life of a woodpecker or the journey of a raindrop.
- Nonfiction Articles – may include photographs with article
- Expedition Articles – recount your latest mountain hike, canoeing excursion, or visit to a State Park.
- Nature Science Articles – report wildlife species finds in your backyard, your successful wildlife habitat project, or results from your rock crystal experiment.
- How-To Articles – instruct us on how to make a bird feeder, bat house, cartography kit, and other fun nature things!
- Reviews – did you get a new pair of hiking boots or a field guide? Write a review about it. Reviews should include the product and brand, where you got it (gift, Target, etcetera,) your experience in using that product, and a rating: 1 being the worst, 5 being the best.
- Poems – construct a nature inspired poem with us that is at least 10 words in length
- Illustrations and Photography – your wildlife inspired art and photographs can be digitally created or handmade, scanned, and emailed to us. We do not accept mailed submissions at this time.
Important Notes for Submissions
- The Pinecone Grove Expedition Outfitter only accepts writings/pictures/art/etcetera appropriate for children 12 years of age and younger.
- Written submissions should be in .doc or .rtf attachments or plain text within your email.
- Multiple submissions are allowed.
- Submissions must be entirely original work of the person submitting it and not previously published.
- We accept group submissions from homeschoolers, teachers, clubs, etc…
– these themes are in no particular order and are not required for your submissions –
- Bat Appreciation Month
- Animal Guardians
- Endangered Species
- Binomial Nomenclature (fiction and non-fiction)
Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, age, and state (or country, if you live outside the United States,) with your submission.
If your creation is accepted for publication in the Pinecone Grove mini-magazine, please allow us two weeks to respond. We only respond to pieces that have been accepted. If you do not hear from us, don’t give up! Take a look at our upcoming themes and work on something new, or try sending your submissions to other children’s magazines as well.
Payment per submission is flexible based on quality, content, and number of magazine sales. Details may change at any time. Not all submissions qualify for payment. For example, contest entries and advertisements do not qualify as paid submissions. For a more information about paid submission opportunities in Pinecone Grove mini-magazine, email email@example.com.
- Expert Submissions: (ages 18 years & older) $2 per printed page (about 100 words) after publication and 1 free copy of the Pinecone Grove mini-magazine
- Trainee Submissions (ages 13-17 years) $1 per printed page (about 100 words) after publication and 1 free copy of the Pinecone Grove mini-magazine
- Learner Submissions: (ages 12 years & younger) $0.50 per printed page (about 100 words) after publication and 1 free copy of the Pinecone Grove mini-magazine
& Sponsored Pages
We invite earth conscious and kid-friendly brands to sponsor a page or submit an AD in the Pinecone Grove mini-magazine for kids. Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1/2 Page Advertisement $0.50
- 1 Page Advertisement $1
- 2 Page Spread Advertisement $2
- “This page is sponsored by…” $Donation
Having trouble with the email link? Message Ashley here.